School Services

International Student and Family Services

Families with children born outside of the US or parents requiring language interpreting services must contact the International Student Registration Center (Office of International Student Services) for registration at 410-313-1525 (English/Korean/OtherLanguages) or 410-313-7102 (English/Spanish/Other Languages).

English Proficiency Placement Tests

MSDE requires that all children who communicate in a language other than English at home or in daily non-school surroundings be administered the English Proficiency Placement Test. This testing facility is located at the International Student Registration Center (ISRC). Parents with children who communicate in a language other than English at home or in daily non-school surroundings are recommended to contact the ISRC for both the registration and testing processes.

Meals: Breakfast and Lunch

Free and Reduced Meals (FARMs)

HCPSS participates in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. Students from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible to receive free or reduced-price meals. Parents/guardians must submit a new application every school year to maintain their student's eligibility. To apply, go to the HCPSS FARMs webpage.


HCPSS students and families can view menus and nutrition and allergen information for meals served in all HCPSS schools through the Nutrislice website and free smartphone app. Download the Nutrislice mobile app for iOS or Android.

Wellness and Quality

Information on the HCPSS wellness policy and commitment to quality is available online.


Breakfast is free for all students attending Title I schools.

Lunch is free for students who qualify for free and reduced meals. Lunch costs $2.80 for all other students.


HCPSS uses, an online meal payment system. This system allows families to easily manage student accounts and make payments online on personal computers and mobile devices.

Health Room

Guilford Elementary has a health room to service our student population.  Our cluster nurse is Carolyn Kotz and our health assistant is Shanita Brooks.  If your child has health needs or you have questions, then please contact Ms. Kotz or Ms. Brooks at 410-880-5934.  

Before and After School Care

Before and after school care is provided at Guilford Elementary School through The Columbia Association.  To speak to a child care representative at Columbia Association, please call 410-715-3164 or 410-715-3000.

Accident and Medical Insurance

Accident Insurance

The school system does not carry medical insurance for accidents that occur at school, including non-sport related injuries, such as trips and falls, physical education injuries, and recess/playground injuries. Thus, parents are encouraged to enroll students in the accident insurance program offered through HCPSS.

Learn more about how to obtain accident insurance →

Medical Insurance

The Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHIP) is available for families, pregnant women, and children in need of medical insurance. Applications are available through the school health assistant or by contacting the Howard County Health Department at 410-313-7500.

Find out more about qualifying for MCHIP →