The Howard County Reading Council is proud to sponsor the local Young Author's Contest for 2016-2017! Students in grades 2-5 are eligible to participate by writing a poem and/or short story.
• All entries must be original work
• All entries must use no smaller than 12 point font in Times New Roman or Comic Sans
• Short story entry may range from a minimum of 300 words to no more than 800 words
• Poem entry will consist of a single poem, any style from a minimum of 25 words to no more than 150 words
• Entries must not include graphics
• Each entry must include a completed cover sheet signed by the student author, parent, and sponsoring teacher
• Be sure to save your file. Winners will be asked to email their entry to the chairperson.
Students who are interested in participating must submit their entries by Monday, December 8th. The YAC Announcements poster and Cover Sheet for entries is included below - click on to view. Any questions can be directed to our Reading Support Teacher, Joanna Kasda. Thank you for supporting our young authors!
YA Poster Announcing Contest 2017-2018(1).docx